We invest directly in projects that demonstrate strong in-country leadership and community support with a focus on projects that increase income-earning potential for communities.
Fig Tree Foundation provides funding for international development projects that fit with the overall goals of the Foundation regarding sustainability, effectiveness, transparency, and collaboration.
Fig Tree Foundation has an active Call for Proposals for project funding. Please click here for information and guidance regarding the current Call for Proposals.
The Call for Proposals involves a two-step process: (1) submission of an Expression of Interest form, and (2) submission of an Application Form.
Expressions of Interest are due Friday, May 5th, 2023. Click on the box below for the Expression of Interest form.
Only those organizations whose Expression of Interest submissions are accepted will be invited to submit a full proposal.
For any questions and to submit your completed Expressions of Interest please reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Applicants must have been a member of Fig Tree Foundation for one year
2. Applicants must a Canadian registered charity
3. Must be in good standing on meeting FTF requirements and reporting, if they have previously received funding or have an active Fig Tree funded project
4. Projects must align with at least one of the UN SDGs
Project applications are evaluated according to how well they meet Fig Tree Foundation’s goals for sustainability, effectiveness, transparency and collaboration. Applications will also be evaluated on their overall project management.
Types of projects that we prioritize and encourage to apply:
- Projects that advance any of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Projects that have a high level of beneficiary buy-in, measured by financial or in-kind contributions
- Projects implemented with a social enterprise approach or have a high likelihood of sustainability in the long-term
- Projects that contribute to improving local livelihoods and/or economic development
- Projects that can be implemented within 12 months of receiving funding.
Types of projects that we will not fund:
- Projects that involve handouts
- Emergency and disaster relief
- Projects that are purely academic research
- Projects that promote a particular religious belief